[mythtv-users] Soundblaster live and AC3 for MythDVD help

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 6 00:55:28 EST 2005

I had to add

audio.output.speaker_arrangement:Pass Through

to .xine/config to get Xine to get AC3 pass through working in Xine.

Is it possible to attenuate the AC3 digital signal?  Previously, when
Xine was configured to output PCM through the same digital coaxial
cable, it was approximately 8-12 dB louder than Mplayer with PCM.
Now with AC3 working, the volume is the same.  There was a DSP gain
plugin for the emu10k1 driver back in the days of OSS.  I never had
AC3 working back then so I'm not sure if it could attenuate a AC3
signal.  Is attenuating possible with ALSA and SBLive!?  If so, how
can I do it?

Thanks!
-Paul