[mythtv-users] Re: mythgame .16 problems (RESOLVED)

sentinel u235sentinel at comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 21:17:41 EST 2005

I appreciate the help resolving this.

To recap, I downloaded xmame 0.84 and compiled with SDL for fullscreen
support.  I'm running RedHat 9 with Myth .16 with an NVIDIA video card
using SVIDEO out.

DGA for some odd reason crashed XWindows in a bad way.  Actually, after
looking at the XF86 logs it looks like it was simply shutdown.  The
X11_XV option didn't support fullscreen without passing a parameter
(can't do this in Myth I think).  xmamerc didn't work with fullscreen 1
or X11 3 in the file.  If I'm reading the directions correctly, you need
a -fullscreen on the command line when using X11_XV.

Some roms using SDL have a rather large border which I will be fixing.
I found that explained in the FAQ.

Thanks again for the help guys!!