[mythtv-users] bad HDTV playback with new ffmpeg

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Jan 5 14:40:30 EST 2005

So I notice that 6 people downloaded the full length of this:

> http://www.krose.org/~krose/krose-cbs.mpg

Is anyone else seeing the same weird effect I am when using Xv output?

Keep in mind that this is happening to me on two different machines
(one a dual Opteron running in 64 bit mode, the other a P4 HT, each
with different audio chipsets), the main relevant commonality being
that they are both using NVidia FX video cards with the 6629 driver.

I've only seen it so far with CBS football broadcasts, and nothing
else.  Even other 1080i content (e.g., ABC football broadcasts) looks
fine.

Cheers,
Kyle