[mythtv-users] problems since moving my myth machine

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Jan 5 12:46:40 EST 2005

I post this on the ivtv-dev list but haven't gotten any anwsers. Maybe
someone here could help. I've had quite a few issues on the last week,
which all started when I simply downed my backend and moved it and
restarted it. I finally got a frontend going on another machine and it
seems to connect ok, I can view backend status, but it says no
recordings are available. I might have a few issues working at once.

Here's what I posted on ivtv if anyone is willing to take a look:
This is a very strange situation, but I've had problems with my myth
backend tuner cards ever since I moved the machine to another room. I
think it's an ivtv problem, but I'm not positive. I have a PVR350 and
250 on Redhat 9. After moving my PC, one of the Tuner cards seemed to be
working just fine. On the other tuner card I was getting something like:
Couldn't find input: Tuner 0 on card

After messing around with clearing and re-adding the tuner cards I
decided that maybe upgrading mythtv and ivtv would fix my problems...
erh... my "fix" now has both cards not working. I upgraded using apt.

If I try to watch live TV I cannot change channels. As you would guess,
recordings are not working either.

Anyone willing to take a look at these two logs and give their $0.02? I
would really appreciate it. My myth box was running super stable for a
long time and I'd really like to have it back, especially with the new
shows starting up again.

http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/messages.log
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/mythbackend.log

Thanks,