[mythtv-users] nuvexport corrupts video

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Wed Jan 5 10:47:34 EST 2005

>On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:58:45 +0000, Robin Elvin <rob at fearsedge.com> wrote:
>> Has anybody else encountered problems with nuvexport?
>>
>> Specifically, I run nuvexport-dvd (I have tried svcd too) and pick the show I
>> wish to export. It runs the transcode and produces an mpg file but when I try
>> and play it in mplayer the video is hideously corrupted with green bands
>> throughout. I have just tried an export to wmv and that went OK.
>>
>> I'm running Gentoo and I have tried various versions of transcode, ffmpeg and
>> mjpeg from portage but to no avail. I have also tried to create a DVD
>> manually but avidemux2 says it can't read the nuv files. Both MythTV and
>> mplayer on another box can play them back flawlessly.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rob

>Are you using encoding DVB recordings by any chance ?
>

>--
>Regards,
>

>~CM

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

I've been playing around with this since my initial post and I have successfully
created a DVD-compliant MPG using toolame, mencoder, transcode and mplex but it
takes a very long time. Not very elegant as I have to work out the filename
manually unlike the nuvexport script.

I thought my method was working but I tried my script on another recording and
it falls over in the transcode part. In fact, following the Myth TV
documentation for burning to DVD (Section 21.18) does not work as mpeg2desc
fails.

I'm really confused as to why this seems such a pain to achieve.

--
Rob