[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Prebuffering pause

Bodo Bauer bb at bb-zone.com
Wed Jan 5 06:07:04 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 23:57 +0100, belcampo wrote:
> Hi Bodo,
>
> I think you have a problem like 'all' people with ATI chipset suffer. I own a
> Pundit-R which has 2 PCI slots, I solved it by adding a SB-Live card.
>
> Someone else 'solved' it, managed around the problem, bysetting Live TV and
> default recording profile to 320x480 and RTJPEG, Quality 170 an MP3 quality
> to 7.

I tried this and it didn't help much.

> I think the problem is a bad implemented timing in the snnd-atiixp driver.
>
> Until know I don't know a better solution. If you find one let me know.

Well, I ended up hooking a USB audio adapter to the box and it did help.
I use the ATI IXP still for recording. Only playback is done through the
USB card. The prebuffering pauses are gone.

I'm in contact with the driver developer (we work in the same
office...:) and see if there is something he can do...

Thanks for everybodies help!

BB