[mythtv-users] Audio Sync when exporting to DVD using Nuvexport

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Wed Jan 5 06:06:04 EST 2005

I've been having trouble with nuvexport too but it is the video which is coming
out corrupted. The original .nuv files play back OK in Mplayer.

In relation to the audio trouble, because I can't use nuvexport I've created a
DVD manually with lame+transcode+mplex. Playing the resultant mpeg2 in mplayer
shows the audio sync problem but burning the DVD and playing back on my DVD
player the audio is fine.

Can anyone clear up just what you have to do to create a DVD from your Myth
recordings? I've done several searches and found various snippets but no
definitive HOWTO. This may indicate where the problem lies.

I'm using Myth 0.16 on Gentoo from the portage ebuild. TV card is a Hauppauge
Nova-T which uses about 2-3% CPU on my XP1600+ so I had assumed that I was
getting an MPEG2 stream straight off the card.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

--
Rob