[mythtv-users] Editing out the commercials, 1 frame/0.5 sec/1.0 sec rewind doesn't.

SunTzu Tech suntzutech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 23:24:29 EST 2005

After a couple of tries of getting a mythbox up, I think I've got it.
My PCTV Pro remote
is almost there, and there's still some more tweaks I need to put in
that.  I'm running
MythTv 0.16 from a KnoppMyth install.  AMD 2600+ Mobile, Ti4280 with
latest Nvidia
drivers and a PCTV Pro capture card.

I setup to automatically skip the commercials on X-files on Sci-Fi and I don't
think it worked.  So I ended up editing out the commercials by hand,
when I found
a rather unique problem (or maybe a bug).  Trying to get to the "break", I could
use up and down to control the amount of FF/RW.  However, it seems that once
I overran my start or stop point, the only way I could go backwards
was to move the time from 1 frame, 0.5 seconds or 1 second, to 5
seconds, go backwards and then move
forward incrementally using 0.5 seconds or 1 frame.  I'm transcoding
now so I'll see
how things turned out.

Ideas?