Re: [mythtv-users] More ATSC woes - Doug README - somestations nownotbeingreceived at all

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Tue Jan 4 23:03:27 EST 2005

Ok - got the backend dump.  This dump was taken by first going to PBS station 26 (Freq 27, subchan 1).  Everything works fine here - always also.

After watching TV for about 10 sec's - I changed channels to PBS station 22 (Freq 42, subchan 1).  You will see how it starts an endless loop and never returns.

Again - I believe this is due to the fact dtvscan does not show a subchan 1 for this station (just as the FOX example below shows).  Mythfilldatabase enters the mapping for 22_1 to be 42-1 and I think this is in error.  I believe the backend used to report that it couldn't find content on sub-chan 1 and it would move to sub-chan 2 and so on before giving up.  I don't think it does this anymore.

Anyway - you're the expert ;)  The backend log file can be found at:

ftp://66.160.21.146/pub/tmp/mythbackend-verbose3.out.gz

-John