[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with channel setup - Norway

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Tue Jan 4 20:14:57 EST 2005

=?UTF-8?B?VHJvbmQgRWl2aW5kIEdsb21zcsO4ZA==?= <teg at pvv.org> writes:

> Sigurd Nes wrote:
>
>> Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having problems switching channels in mythtv (Fedora Core 3, both
>>> IA32/x86_64 - bt878).
>>> I'm using xmltv, with tv_grab_no from xmltv CVS (the old one is broken).
>>> Switching programs works well with tvtime.
>>>
>>> The mythbackend logs has many messages like this (note that e.g. SE20
>>> etc don't exist):
>>>
>>> 2005-01-04 00:15:41 CheckChannel failed. Please verify channel "SE20"
>>> in the "setup" Channel Editor.

.
.
.

>>>  From the database:
>>>
>>> +--------+---------+-----------------------+--------+
>>> | chanid | channum | name                  | freqid |
>>> +--------+---------+-----------------------+--------+
>>> |      1 | 1       | NRK                   | K8     |
>>> |     12 | 12      | MTV                   | S8     |
>>> |      7 | 7       | National Geographic   | S11    |
>>> |      2 | 2       | NRK 2                 | S14    |
>>> |
>>> (I tried replacing the freqids with the numbers as well, to no avail).
>>> Both the system default and media source have been specified as
>>> "europe-west" (freqtable).
>>>
>>> Any hints/tips?
>>>

>> You have to run ptune-ui.pl to find your channels
>

> I have the exact frequencies in MHz, and I have the channel ids (K8, S8
> etc...). Are those freqids incorrect, as in another table is needed?
>
> Any way to just put the frequencies in there instead, if using the
> channel names don't work?

Just a guess but try to replace the freqid's K.. with E.. and S.. with
SE.. The E.. and SE.. channel names are what xawtv told me when i first
set up an analog tuner card. I imported the channels later on into
mythtv. Hm, i just noticed i also have 4 channels named S21, S22...
But all other channels have different names compared to the channel
listing provided by the local cable company.

HTH, Stefan

--
It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

                                   -- Thomas Jefferson