[mythtv-users] 512 MB - Enough RAM?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Tue Jan 4 16:39:09 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 06:47:07PM +0100, Markus Baertschi wrote:
> Drew Zerdecki wrote:
>
> >Is 512 MB enough for P4 3Ghz system (combined frontend/backend) with a
> >PVR350 and PVR250?  Thanks for your help.
>

> I've got only 128M (it is difficult to find PC100 memory for my old box) and
> the only time I would really need more memory is for compiling mythtv.
> Somehow
> the mythtv c++ stuff is very memory consuming during compilation...

Wow.  I have the exact opposite problem.  As I upgrade older systems
to the new generation, the annoying part hasn't been tossing out the
old motherboard and processor, since they have so little value, it's
been having to also buy new memory.   As such my remaining old systems
all have gigs in them.

Go to ebay, you will find lots of people selling off older PC100 memory
for very low prices.