[mythtv-users] lirc and games (specifically Tuxracer)

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:20:30 EST 2005

I am trying to get Tuxracer to work in the context of my Myth box.

I can launch Tuxracer fine from MythGame. The problem comes in because
I don't have a keyboard hooked up to the computer. I have a remote
control and a USB gamepad. Both of them work fine, but I need to hit
return a couple of times once Tuxracer starts.

How can I configure Tuxracer (and other games, for that matter) to
accept lirc input?

I currently have 2 files, /home/mythtv/.lircrc and
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc. The former has configs for xine and the
power button. The latter has lirc configs for myth itself.

I looked at this thread, but wasn't able to make anything work with irxevent.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/61603?search_string=game%20xml;#61603

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Lane