[mythtv-users] Channel Info

Da Worm daworm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 01:48:02 EST 2005

I started with Jarrod's guide, went to CVS just before Christmas (Dec 23rd?).  Originally, I could tune all channels in my zap2it account.  However, now, I can only tune a few.  I have 3,6,7,8,47,49,76&77, when I should have 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,76,77 (which is in my current zap2it setup, and yes, I have the cheapest cable package possible at $7 a month).  I tried running mythtvsetup (a symlink to the ./setup from my CVS build) and telling it to wipe the channel info, but it doesn't change anything.  Changing from us-cable to use-cable-hrc or us-bcast does nothing but either mess up the frequencies for hrc (expected, but I tried it anyway) or drop the 7x channels (also sort of expected).  I would have thought wiping the channel data in the setup program would have an effect, and it sort of does (as in the guide info changes) but the tuner (an older PVR-250) refuses to tune to 2,4,5,9,10,11,12,13 or 14, either with channel up/down or direct numeric input.  Running the frontend and backend in a window doesn't give any info that is useful (to me).  For instance, when I use channel up from 8, I see output that it has tried 9 through 46 and failed.  I don't have 47, but because my original zap2it account had it accidentally left in, it shows up (even if I go into the channel editor and tell it that it isn't visible - that seems to only affect the guide, not the channel change in LiveTV).

I realize this is a bit vague, but it is late and I don't have time right now for more details, only what I have in memory, but if someone can help based on this, I'd appreciate it.  I'll be back working on this Wednesday (USC vs OK tomorrow, so I'll be watching somewhere else since I can't tune channel 10 which is where it would be here), and can provide more details then.

Thanks in advance,
  Jeff.