Re: [mythtv-users] More ATSC woes - Doug README - some stations nownot beingreceived at all

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Jan 3 20:49:39 EST 2005

The station is: WMPTDT (PBS station in MD).

The mythfilldatabase is now pulling sub-chan info and pushing things like 22_1, 22_2, 22_3, 22_4, 22_5 for this station.  So - my guess (complete guess here from log msgs I USED to see - ie. I don't see this logic/log msgs anymore) my guess is that it attempts to lock onto 22_1 and locks hard.  I seem to remember log msgs which says "can't find sub-chan 1 - trying sub-chan 2" or something like that.

Any ideas?  Here is the info you asked.

dtvscan says:
channel = 42
Signal: 04 ####
look for sync
PAT found ckets
PAT found ckets
PAT found ckets
MPT-DT :      :22.2 :42: 2:0
MPT-HD :      :22.6 :42: 6:0

Where others (which work and have a sub-channel 1) say:

channel = 39
Signal: 04 ####
look for sync
PAT found ckets