[mythtv-users] PVR-350 requires firmware?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Jan 3 19:40:03 EST 2005

Hi,

I have read multiple times through Jarod's guide but must have missed a
vital detail. (It might be missing.)

It seems the PVR-350 need to get some firware loaded to the card but it is
not mentioned explicitly.

I had no luck getting any tuner information for my PVR-350 so I installex
Windows XP and tried the shipped drivers. => The card was not even
recognized by the shipped drivers and it failed to initialize at all.

I got a fresh set of drivers tonight from their website and tried to get
those working and all of a sudden the card works with XP.

So it seems I need rather recent drivers/firmware for my PVR-350 card (< 2
weeks old)

But how do I get them loaded?

(Will install FC3 again later this week as I trashed it when I installed
XP to test wether or not the card was working at all.

Any suggestions are appriciated.

Hugo.