[mythtv-users] Opinions on my hardware choices for a new PVR

Snoop Baron snoopbaron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 21:22:24 EST 2005

Stroller wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2005, at 1:32 am, Snoop Baron wrote:
>

>> Neatgear 54Mbps wireless card -- streaming video to other PCs?
>

> Which one? Are you happy it's supported under Lunix? I did a fair bit
> of research before I bought my wireless card, and decided I wanted one
> supported by the Prism54 drivers. I can recommend the Allnet ALL0271 &
> have some spares for sale if you're in the UK.
>
> Stroller.

I haven't decided on the exact wireless G card that I'm going to use.
When I wrote original email I wasn't sure if I would go with a wireless
card. But now I've decided to use a wireless G card.

I was going to use a Netgear card since I used their hardware to setup
the wireless lan at my parents house. I don't know if there is native
driver support for their cards (I'm going to use their PCI card), but it
looks like it will work with these drivers:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/ Have you heard of these drivers?
What do you think of them?

I live in the US, but thanks a lot for the offer :).