[mythtv-users] MythTV via S-Video OUT on PVR-350

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Sun Jan 2 18:29:54 EST 2005

Quoting dave_mythtv at fruzz.com:

> Simple question - just soes I know that I am not wasting my time.
>
> Have people got myth tv running via S-Video OUT on PVR-350 - Completely -
> that
> is to say - mythtv menus, playing video (mythvideo) etc
>
> I have spent a few weeks now - and have managed to get the framebuffer
> working, and mythfrontend on s-video out - only to find that mplayer just
> locks up.
>
> I used the mythtv player - and this only plays a very very small fraction of
>
> my video library - I want to be able to play divx, rm, avi etc - the full
> list that mplayer can play.
>
> Here is where I am at:-
>
> Shuttle ST61G4
> Xserver running on built in graphics card to CRT - running mythbackend
> Xserver running on PCR-350 - running mythfrontend
> lirc all working
> mythvideo installed
> mplayer with ivtv patch compiled - still locks up with running on PVR-350
> (gives DMA errors when run on CRT)
>
> Cheers

I have my pvr-350 running using the RCA cables and not S-Video but I did have
S-Video working before I switched to the cables. As for mplayer choking and
crashing, have you checked to make sure that your command uses x11 instead of
xv? The pvr-350 can't do accelerated X so the 'xv' will not work.

Hope that helps,

Jon