[mythtv-users] Via Eden with PVR350 was working

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Sat Jan 1 20:44:51 EST 2005

Thanks for the response and the guide! To update, I setup a second frontend on my
laptop and it works great with this backend, which reinforces the whole pvr decoder
not being used. See below.

http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough

> This is terribly outdated. I still keep it online for nostalgia and
> because the way to setup a box didn't change. Please don't try to follow
> it to the letter.

Yes, there are a few things that have changed, but the general principal is still sound.
Mostly some package names have changed and they were fairly easy to find with
apt-get

> This is most certainly a case of not using the pvr350's decoder. The
> X-Server is running on the 350? I guess so, otherwise you shouldn't see
> the slow video. If this assumption is correct the sound should be on the
> sondcard's line-out jack.
>
> Do you see the line
>
> Using the PVR-350 decoder/TV-out
>
> in the mythfrontend output?
>
> If not recheck the "Use the HW decoder" and remember to acknowledge each
> page of the TV/Playback setup screen with the OK/Continue button.

No I don't see any mention of it, but it is clearly checked in the settings and shows it
being assigned to /dev/video16. I have tried unchecking and restarting and checking
again. I have rerun make install, and I have completely wiped the mythconverg
database.

Any ideas why it would not be picking this up?

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com