[mythtv-users] Argh! Constant Problems... This Time Mythbackend Keeps Dying

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sat Jan 1 19:34:36 EST 2005

David Bosiljevac wrote:

>I decided to upgrade my kernel and ivtv drivers a few days ago to see if the
>freezing problem would go away when I watch live TV.
>
>I can't say for sure that the freezing problem is gone, however, I'm noticing some
>more annoying problems now.
>
>For some reason, my backend will just die.  I can be watching live TV, touching
>nothing, and I'll see an "ivtv: ENC: User stopped capture." in the mythbackend
>logfile.  This also happens when the thing is left to its own devices to record.  I
>missed a few hours of recording this morning because the backend died.
>
>Does anyone know why this might be happening?  I've upgraded to Linux kernel 2.6.10
>and ivtv drivers 0.2.0-rc3c.  I'm still using the Debian 0.16 binaries of Myth.
>
>It seems as though I fix one problem, and another one pops up.  I'm almost at wits
>end with this PVR.
>
>:-((
>
>--db

which msp3400 are you using? My installation with 2.6.10 was rather
unstable untill i replaced the kernel msp3400 with the ivtv version.
Althought the kernel version now supports the ivtv driver, it is most
definitily not yet ready for prime time. After swithing back to the ivtv
version my master backend stabilized remarkably.

I am using the same ivtv version as you are. Doing it on a supermicro
mobo and slackware 10. Myth CVS as from Dec 23.

Rudy