[mythtv-users] DVD PS Audio Sync

Garry Gibson garry.gibson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 17:38:54 EST 2005

Evening all, and a happy new year....

In an attempt to make more room for new recordings, I thought it about
time to archive some old shows off to DVD.

My old nemesis, audio sync has reared its ugly head again.

Here's my process..

Record stuff in Myth using a PVR-250.

Grab the .nuv file and copy it over to my desktop (which has more
processing power and a DVD burner).

Rename to .mpeg and run it through Avidemux2, sorting out the
interlacing and  doing a 'Save as DVD PS'

Use DVDStyler to build menus and the like, build the .iso etc, job done.

All is well until I save it as DVD PS format, whereby the audio drifts
out of sync with the video.

It's ok to start with, but as the movie progresses, so the audio lags
further and further behind the video.

I've been messing about with this for ages now, and everyone else on
the web seems to not have any issue when using a PVR-250.

Can anyone share a 'known good' list of Myth Recording Profile
settings (PVR stream type, bitrates, etc etc) that works for them? PAL
if possible, so I can at least be sure I'm starting off on the right
foot.

Regards,

Garry.