[mythtv-users] Second Tuner Not Working

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sat Jan 1 17:09:24 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 13:44 -0800, Yan-Fa Li wrote:
> You do know that you're actually just talking to a single card right ?
> Look at the minor device numbers.  There's your sign.

Thanks for your response.  I suspected the device file(s) since I had to
mess with them in the beginning to get things working.  I missed this,
which I guess is why having extra eyes helps.  For those who may come
across this post later, I fixed it by deleting the incorrect device
files and doing a:

mknod /dev/video1 c 81 1
mknod /dev/video2 c 81 2
mknod /dev/video3 c 81 3