[mythtv-users] Analog line in to digital sound out?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Fri Dec 31 21:48:41 EST 2004

I'm hoping someone knows how to pull this off.

I sent out an email a couple of days ago asking if anyone knew how to
get the NForce chipset (with ALSA) to play from line in. As it turns
out, I was playing... on the analog output instead of the digital
output.

Situation: I use a PVR-350 as TV out. Quality is much better when using
the PVR MPEG decoder instead of the frame buffer, but that means that
sound comes out the PVR 350 instead of my NForce digital. I have the
PVR output connected to the NForce line in, and I can hear sound on the
_analog_ output, but not the digital.

Does anyone know how to convince the ALSA driver (kernel 2.6.9) to play
the line in on the digital out as well as analog out?

Thanks,
Drew

--
Drew Bernat