[mythtv-users] Need help with Air2pc setup

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 22:45:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:37:00 -0600, Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had to compile Myth 0.17 from source to get this to work. To do
> this, get the source, then make sure the proper flags are enabled in
> the config file (settings.pro, I think). Don't remember what the flags
> are...do a search, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on this
> mailing list. Axel's Myth rpms for FC3 didn't seem to have the proper
> flags enabled.
>
> Lane

I guess the repositories with packages (rpms and debs) don't work with
the air2pc because they don't have the cvs dvb headers to compile
against.  sort of makes sense.

I've changed my symlinks for gcc to point to 3.4 instead of 3.3 and we
are now progressing through the compile.  had to restart it once to
disable firewire as I have no clue where to get libiec61883. its okay
though since I don't even have a cable box.

Anyone know how to use the air2pc to check local cable for unencrypted
QAM broadcasts?   (don't go out of your way to answer this, this
question was a lazy first step into the world of cable and QAM for me)