[mythtv-users] Re: Torrentocracy Patch against Mythtv-cvs

Michael S. Keller samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Mon Feb 28 16:45:30 UTC 2005

> easy to be construed as a tool for piracy.  One user picked up by an
> automated filename-matching bot and found to be using mythtv +
> officially-sanctioned-torrentocracy for sharing a copyrighted program

When this comes up, may we use a word other than "copyrighted" to
represent the program content of Hollywood? Most works are copyrighted,
but a substantial portion (particularly in computing) are available
under free licenses.

MythTV is copyrighted, but the GPL makes for a wonderful freedom to
share it.

This reminds me of how the press perverted the word "hacker".