[mythtv-users] MythTV and News Scroller

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:00:16 UTC 2005

> Does anyone know anything about News Scroller and using it w/ mythtv?
> I had never heard of it, but I saw a pic of it on the Isthmus OSD
> site, and it looks kinda cool.  Is this something that is integrated
> into myth somewhere, or is it a seperate module?  I've dug around on
> google looking for info on it, but have just come up empty handed

I too saw that. I don't know about a news scroller module, but there
is a program called mythtvosd which allows you to send a message which
scrolls across the screen like that. In fact I just wrote a cgi script
which lets you enter a message into a browser which will scroll across
whilst someone's watching live TV or a recording. Mythtvosd is usually
found in a contrib directory somewhere. You can choose whether the
message scrolls or comes up in a OSD text box on screen.

Regards,
Phill