[mythtv-users] screen goes black after inactivity after FC2 upgrade

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:29:01 UTC 2005

> One suggestion is to add the xset stuff to your myth user's login scripts,
> seems some folks need to have them there. Another suggestion would be to add
> this to xorg.conf:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option "blank time" "0"
>         Option "standby time" "0"
>         Option "suspend time" "0"
>         Option "off time" "0"
> EndSection

I implemented both of these changes and it seems like it may have done
the trick (I have let box idle for 10 minutes, and no black screen).
I will know for sure tomorrow morning when either I can turn on my
mythbox or have to restart gdm again.

Thanks though, that looks like the trick I needed.

> Sorry it hasn't gone as smooth... :-(

It is not too bad.  Most everything I was able to troubleshoot on my
own, and as always, it is a learning process for me.  There were no
apt repositories for ratpoison that did not depend on XFree86, so that
required a fresh install, had to setup gdm again, figure out some
screwiness with lirc and ivtv, but fortunatly, nothing major broke,
and I am up and running now.  I am a lot more concerned about the
transition to fc3, so hopefully fc2 will be supported for the long
haul.

Anyways, the machine is still staring back at me 15 minutes later, so
I think these changes make it good to go.  As always Jarod, THANKS!