[mythtv-users] screen goes black after inactivity after FC2 upgrade

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 22:57:44 UTC 2005

Hoping someone can help.  I upgraded from FC1->FC2 and have ironed out
almost all the problems.  One problem that still exists is that my
screen goes black after some inactivity, and I need to issue the
command gdm-restart to restart mythfrontend.

I am using ratpoison, and was before.  I don't think there is a built
in screensaver that I need to turn off.  I have also issued these
commands as per Jarod's guide:
# echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -dpms" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
# echo "/usr/X11R6/bin/xset s off" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
and restarted, but that does not seem to do the trick either.

and the only reference to dpms in my xorg.conf file is a commented line:
[root at localhost root]# more /etc/X11/xorg.conf |grep dpms
#       Option      "dpms"

Can someone point out where I might find what is causing this?  I am
guessing it is either a screensaver or power management feature.  I
just have no idea how to turn it off and would love to.  Again, this
happened after upgrading to FC2.

--
Email me if you want a gmail account, I have invites.