[mythtv-users] Big headaches trying to get LIRC working

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Sun Feb 27 22:22:00 UTC 2005

I actually did re-read the lirc section of the howto. I applied the
patch, and removed the first line of lirc.rules. I think it may be an
issue with my modprobe.conf.

I kind of guessed at the appropriate line:

alias char-major-61 lirc_mceusb

With this line I just noticed that even if the receiver is not plugged
in, the lirc_mceusb and lirc_dev modules get loaded on reboot. If I
manually unload them, and plug in the receiver they don't get loaded. So
it seems there is something wrong.

I've also tried:

alias lirc0 lirc_mceusb

Anyone know what the modprobe.conf line should be?