[mythtv-users] Need recommendation for upgradeable system

Matt Salerno vagabondking at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 20:56:03 UTC 2005

I am in the USA and planning on building a Gentoo MythTV system.
Currently I have the standard Direct TV with no HD since I don't have
a HD tv yet.  I am working on putting together an Intel 3.0ghz/512meg
system to plug into my entertainment system.  I am thinking of using a
HD-3000 card for TV input and an Nvidia card for TV output.  My
question is, can I build a system that will work with my current
non-HD eqipment, and then work when I upgrade my TV (of course with
some config changes).  I am just utterly confused about the hardware
and I don't want to spend money on equipment that I will have to
replace in less than a year.