[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE working only on one tuner

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Feb 27 19:11:33 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 08:34, Sergio Ammirata wrote:
> I used 2.6.11-rc4 with ivtv-0.3.2e and today’s Jarod Wilson’s patch for
> tuner type 55 and tveeprom recognition.
>
> I can watch TV and change channels using /dev/video1 and either tuner0 or
> tuner1 … However, /dev/video0 just gives me static ☹

Odd...

> Here is a copy of the relevant dmesg log:

All looks just fine, looks just like mine.

> And here is my modprobe.conf:
>
> # ivtv
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-2 bttv
> options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_std=1,1 tuner=55,55
> options cx25840 i2c_enable=1,1 debug=1 no_black_magic=1 cardtype=1
> audiofmt=1
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

Should probably take this over to the ivtv list, actually. But in my case,
modprobe.conf is merely:

# ivtv
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=55,55
options cx25840 no_black_magic=1 audiofmt=1

The tuner options actually shouldn't be necessary with the latest tveeprom
changes though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com