[mythtv-users] DPMS monitor standby/resume

Gayle gayle at anothercrap.com
Sun Feb 27 19:12:44 UTC 2005

My Myth box runs 24/7 so I don't want to power it off when I stop watching
TV/whatever so I have irexec running in the background with the power button
mapped to "/usr/X11R6/bin/xset dpms force off" in order to send the monitor
to sleep.  However, I can only bring it back to life again by pressing a key
or moving the mouse.  Does anyone know of a little program that toggles the
monitor on/off instead of setting an absolute value?