[mythtv-users] mythfrontend can't connect to database

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 17:12:16 UTC 2005

in mythfrontend Setup->General the first screen says myth can't connect to
the database.

I filled in:
Host  127.0.0.1
Database  mythconverg
User   mythtv
Password mythtv

and Database Type was set as MySQL.

I think these are correct:

[mythtv at mediaserver ~]$ mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

Your MySQL connection id is 41 to server version: 3.23.58

mysql> show tables;
| Tables_in_mythconverg      |
| callsignnetworkmap         |
| capturecard                |

BUT, next time I go to Setup -> General I get the same message that myth
can't connect.

any suggestions?

sean