[mythtv-users] mythweb file size limits

Jonathan Tidmore jtidmore at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:15:25 EST 2005

On 12/31/05, Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 21:26 -0800, Jonathan Tidmore wrote:
> > On 12/30/05, Todd Johnson <todd at toddejohnson.net> wrote:
> >         Is there a way to remove the file size limit in apache?  It
> >         gives me a
> >         forbidden when I try to access my nuv's that are about 2.2g
> >         across my
> >         lan.  I can see one show that is 1.1g but not my other 2.2g
> >         shows.
> >
> > The latest Apache, 2.2.0, supports files larger than 2 gigs.  All
> > previous versions have a 2 gig file size limit.  Apache 2.2 came out a
> > couple of weeks ago so you'll probably need to compile it yourself.
>
> Not entirely accurate.  Apache, as historically compiled by Red Hat /
> Fedora - has had its rpms built without largefile support (>2GB).
> That's not to say that it wasn't in the code...
>
>         -I

It's entirely accurate.  Apache has not supported large file sizes until 2.2.
Look at the New Features list for Apache 2.2:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html

Large File Supporthttpd is now built with support for files larger than 2GB
on modern 32-bit Unix systems. Support for handling >2GB request bodies has
also been added.
--
-J