[mythtv-users] pchdtv 3000 and channels.conf

Michael Freeman mythtv at mlfreeman.org
Fri Dec 30 23:01:36 EST 2005

I'm trying to use my newly-acquired pcHDTV 3000 to pick up Comcast
unencrypted digital (yeah, I know that for what I get ti'll be a waste
of money, but at least I have one if / when the broadcast flag comes).
 Using the pcHDTV card tools, I was able to lock on to one local
station...but there appears to be no PSIP data.  MythSetup scan can't
find anything...so I did some research and supposedly there's a way to
feed in a channels.conf file.  I have that sitting on a volume on the
machine...I'm running myth from SVN...supposedly, the ATSC cards
should have an option to import config from channels.conf.  I've
recompiled three or four times already...that option never shows.

i'm using the pcHDTV 3000 drivers included with gentoo 2.6.12-r9
kernel.  Could those somehow be messing with the "ATSC vs QAM vs DVB"
logic in mythtv?