[mythtv-users] Scheduled wakeup acpi-alarm vs nvram-wakeup

mike choy mike at acaciaclose.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 17:30:29 EST 2005

Chris Trown wrote:
> Petr Stehlik wrote:

>> Mike, that's certainly a great idea as nvram-wakeup is not supported on
>> my ASUS K8 motherboard at all! However, after some quick tests it looks
>> like my machine does not wake up :-| Any idea?
>>
>> Petr
>>

> Neither is mine, directly, however, using the nvram-wakeup-guess
> script, it was able to come ups with a workable config.
>
> One thing to remember, is that some BIOSs need to be runat bootup
> before the changes will take effect. Ie: simply changing the values in
> the BIOS is not enough. The system needs to be rebooted, then shutdown.
>
> Take a look at the "README.reboot" file. Should explain it.
>
> Chris...

Thanks Chris
I did not have any success with the guess-helper script in nvram-wakeup
hence the look at acpi again.
Its just woken up recorded two progs and gone turned its self off using
the acpi method.
I will be documenting this on my website http://www.acaciaclose.co.uk in
a few days.

The bios reboot and reboot might explain why I was not seeing any
changes in the bios, but the system
was happy to wake up in anycase.

Kind regards
Mike C