[mythtv-users] Changing channels on a new D11 directv receiver

Brian Wallen brian_wallen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:05:30 EST 2005

Ok, I've read the guide you wrote up on mythtv.info.  My problem is, I can't
envision how this works.  First off, what is the difference between a null
modem cable and a serial cable, and when I'm looking at one, how can I tell
which kind it is?

Secondly, where does the usb->serial adapter plug in?  The way I'm seeing it
now is I plug a usb cable into my receiver.  Then on the other end of that
cable is the usb->serial adapter.  Then on the serial side of the
usb->serial adapter goes a null modem cable that will plug into the serial
port of my backend.  Is this anywhere close to being right?

And lastly, how would I change channels using one backend and 2+ directv
receivers?