[mythtv-users] "This is close to an existing cut point" -> missing option

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:10:00 EST 2005

On 12/29/05, Jeff Simpson <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:

> On 12/28/05, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Try this patch (against svn 8386).  The OSD popup seems only to allow
> > four items (at least without digging deeper into the theme files), but since
> > you can use ESC to cancel, it doesn't seem much of a loss to do away with
> > the "Cancel" button from the "close to an existing cutpoint" popup.
> >
> > (Since mpeg4-mpeg4 transcoding is still broken for me, I can't tell how
> > it handles the cutpoints, but at least it lets you place them...)
> >
> > --Wendy
>

> I'm not using SVN, yet, and I'm a little wary of it, as I mostly have
> everything working well at the moment. I assume that with the major changes
> coming with liveTV, that patch probably won't work with 0.18.1?

As long as you're compiling from source, it looks as though the patch will
apply cleanly to 0.18.1 (line numbers might be off, but that's all).

The patch only changes the logic of a couple OSD popups displayed, it
doesn't need to go into the details of TV play.

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer
http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/