[mythtv-users] Re: barebones MSI Hetis 865GV-E questions

travis moralindignation at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 09:18:18 EST 2005

On 12/26/05, travis <moralindignation[at]gmail.com> wrote:

I would ask what you plan to do with the gforce MX 4000, which
as I understand it is an AGP card, but this machine lacks an
AGP slot (either that or the specs are incomplete).

For driving any normal monitor the on-board video is more than
satisfactory, so take that vid card back and get a faster processor.

There is an agp version, but i got the pci. I don't want to watch tv on my
computer, so I need the video out. Also, it was a gift, so I can't easily
take it back [and i've opened it :( ].

> So my open ended question is will all this work ok? Any thoughts? My
> other question is about audio. The Hetis says it has 6ch audio, but it
> just has the 3 audio jacks.

Who knows, probably some engineers pipe dream.

I notice lots of boards mention 6ch, so is this just bogus?

Thanks for the tips!