[mythtv-users] Powering off computer as non-root

Nick newsgroups at 2thebatcave.com
Mon Dec 26 21:03:37 EST 2005

some distros have a prog called consolehelper or something like that that
may help.  if you don't mind all users having the ability to reboot/halt
the box you can just do chown +s /sbin/halt or whatever you are calling
(/sbin/reboot is generally a symlink to halt).

then of course /sbin isn't usually in a user's PATH, so you will need to
modify PATH or just specify the full path when using the command (e.g. run
/sbin/reboot instead of just "reboot").