[mythtv-users] Re: fc3 to fc4

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Dec 26 05:46:56 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 01:29:58AM -0500, Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:
> I have a x64 fc3 machine running myth back and front end nicely.
>
> I need to upgrade to fc4. should I need to reinstall myth and ivtv from
> scratch or it will keep running fine after the upgrade.

It should work fine with a simple upgrade. Of course you will need to
explicitly install the ivtv-kmdl matching your new kernel like you
do on each kernel upgrade, e.g.

smart update
smart upgrade
smart install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r`

(assuming smart's channels are now pointing to FC4 repos).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net