[mythtv-users] Disabling IRQ

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 25 08:22:04 EST 2005

On Dec 25, 2005, at 7:10 AM, Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> After about half an hour of watching a video, I get this message.
>> (Xine dies immediately and mplayer continues on for a few minutes
>> more, then eventually dies, as well). It only happens when
>> watching a  DVD directly or ripped using either perfect or
>> compressed.
>>
>> [root at mythtv log]# cat /proc/interrupts
>>            CPU0       CPU1
>>
> I had this happen on my server.
> Problem I had was related to RAID-5 controllers which were disabled
> after heavy activity.
> I'm running a MSI 694D board with two PIII-800 processors.
>
> The fix was to force the IRQ selection off from Fedora with a Grub
> boot command.
> Don't know if it helps but this what is working for me.
>    "pci=noacpi"
> This is placed to the grub.conf after the kernel string

As far as I recall, I've got the same motherboard (I have 3 dual
processor boards and I never remember which is in which box). I added
the kernel switch and now I'm playing through a movie now to see if
it solved the issue. Thanks!

At least my IRQ's look reasonably assigned now.

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0       CPU1
   0:     127733     127624    IO-APIC-edge  timer
   1:        845        923    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
   2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   5:          0          0    IO-APIC-edge  acpi
   7:          0          0    IO-APIC-edge  parport0
   8:          0          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
   9:     180610     179903   IO-APIC-level  ivtv0
10:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  Ensoniq AudioPCI
11:       3025       3113   IO-APIC-level  eth0
12:       6453       6411   IO-APIC-level  EMU10K1, uhci_hcd:usb1,
uhci_hcd:usb2
14:      40518      40181    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
15:       7745       8076    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
NMI:          0          0
LOC:     255267     255266
ERR:          0
MIS:          0