[mythtv-users] Recording Bitrates fpr PVR 350

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 23 03:24:58 EST 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Scott Alfter wrote:
>
>> Disk space is cheap.  I just record everything at 6 Mbps and call it a
>> day.
>> With ~340 GB (real gigabytes, not "salesman's gigabytes") across three
>> drives,
>> I've never run out of space.

> 1 gigabyte = 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes
> 1 gibibyte = 1GiB = 1,073,741,824 bytes

> (gibibyte as in "gigabinary")

> So, a "salesman's gigabyte" is a "real gigabyte."  I think you're trying
> to say you have ~340 "real gibibytes."

   Too bloody right. Now if you'll excuse me one of my mythboxs
memory modules failed and I've found myth can be a struggle
with less than 536MB. Unfortunately nobody locally seems to
stock 268MB memory modules ?!

(Back to myth.. are bitrates in the configuration setion in
mythtv in metric kilobytes or binary ones?)

--
Someone who spent months failing to work out why his attempt
to make nice half dvd size GP mpeg4s was because he was using