[mythtv-users] nuvexport problems

Brian Wallen brian_wallen at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:03:51 EST 2005

I'm having problems running nuvexport.  I'm running gentoo and I just emerge
it successfully, but when I run it I get errors.  I think it has something
to do with mysql or perl, I'm not sure which.  Anyway, here is the error.

brian at localhost ~ $ nuvexport
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for
module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line
230.
at (eval 5) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at /usr/share/nuvexport/mythtv/db.pm line 79
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/nuvexport/mythtv/recordings.pm
line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/nuvexport/mythtv/recordings.pm line 16.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm line
19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm
line 19.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/nuvexport line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/nuvexport line 32.