[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting an IR Blaster

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 10:32:01 EST 2005

First thing to try is turn the LED around. You may have cathode and anode
reversed. Check your camera with a working remote to make sure the camera
actually sees the IR light. Check the wiring of your connector.

Last and least likely is a port that does not source enough current to turn
on the led.

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_M
odified_LIRC.html

Everything has gone relatively smoothly up till now, but I'm stuck at one of
the last steps. When I do

Code:
/usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE JVC_RAW 2

then ledxmitd.log shows this:

Code:
0.7.2pvr150: accepted new client on /dev/ledxmitd
Dec 20 10:31:15 mythtv ledxmitd 0.7.2pvr150: removed client

Which looks OK, but the LED, viewed through a digital camera, doesn't flash.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot a problem like this?

Thanks,

Jon