[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 20 17:17:16 EST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:33, Stephen Boddy wrote:
> Okay Greg, I've got the bones of a master list set up. The first time you
> run the script, uncomment the last pprint statement. This gives you the
> fundamentals of the master list for your provider (assuming constant
> names). Still needs a little massaging, but it's not hard.
>
> The question is when to use the master list. Now I don't want it to
> download all icons every time, So I suggest using the master only if there
> is 'none' in that field. This way, those of us with hundreds of channels
> don't hammer the LS server everytime we run the script. If you want to do a
> full fresh icon retrieval, set all your icon fields to none.
>
> To get around stepping through all assigned channels, I'm thinking of an
> option to skip all entries that have something assigned, be it from the db,
> or allocated by the master list (i.e. only stop when icon is 'none' and no
> entry exists in the master list). That should speed up entry once the
> master lists start getting fuller.

OK, last one I promise ;-)

Here you go with a working master list and autospeed feature. If the entries
have been created enter "a" and it will auto fill-in all the entries it has a
master entry for without waiting for user input. It skips over existing
entries. It only pauses on 'none' entries. You could even dummy that by
having a blank icon and adding a master entry for it.

I'll give it a few days, and if all is well I'll see if it can be added to
contrib or something.

I've compressed it so Isaac doesn't come after me with a big stick :-)
--
Steve Boddy