[mythtv-users] Great source for channel icons (was --> "http://www.lyngsat-logo.com")

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 20 15:57:40 EST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 20:21, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > UK. Let me know if you have probs (or even better, fixes) and I'll help
> > out where I can. It's not commented, and probably fragile in places, but
> > it works
>
>  I just tried this out and the first thing I noticed was that the loop to
> go through the list of channels/icons doesn't actually skip the rest if you
> hit "." as you are resetting the end variable before the while loop starts
> again. Moving the "end=0" to just before the for loop worked for me.
>
>  Now if only we can get the name matches to find more of them. For me
> it takes a while with a few hundred channels :)  Or better
> come up with a master list(s) for each country that could be distributed
> with it? Maybe check the master list for a match, if no match then try the
> fuzzy match?

Rats. I was play around with the flow since I had that bit working. I was so
focused on testing the fuzzy stuff that I never tested that again. It's
actually exit=0 that needs to move, but thanks for catching that one. I also
changed the text for the f option. The program replaces the string that is
used for the fuzzy match, and the prompt now better reflects that.

I like the idea of the master list, and I'll have a think of the best way.
Probably have to be seperated by country in case there are equivalent channel
names with different logos.

In my case my channel names come from a DVB scan, so the chances are good for
getting exact matches. If people have assigned there own names it's likely to
be somewhat ineffective.

The only other concern I have is having read the Disclaimer on their site, I'm
not too sure of the right or wrong of using their icons in the first place. I
know the wikipedia has a lot of the UK channel logos, but from what I've seen
they would be harder to make use of, as the pages wouldn't be so easy to
parse.

BTW, what's the policy on attachments to the mail list? Don't want to be on
the receiving end of an Isaac lashing <:-(
--
Steve Boddy