[mythtv-users] Any MythTV app segmantation faults! HELP!

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 20 09:53:25 EST 2005

I use FC4 not Gentoo.  Mythtv with all its inter-related components is a
complex application, so the advice about taking your time is good advice.

But I had a period when I started to get segmentation faults from mythfrontend
and mythbackend.  They were all hardware related.  The motherboard I had the
problem with was used in my workstation for a year and I assumed it was
problem free.  I ended up slightly underclocking the MB and mythtv has been
rock solid since.

Just my $0.02