[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode doesn't rename and delete .tmp files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 19 14:42:45 EST 2005

jeff leads wrote:

>Thanks for the reply Chris.
>
>On my MBE (knoppmyth R5A26) the mythtv user and group
>are uid/gid 105.
>
>On my PC I created a mythtv user account and group and
>made them 105 as well, added mythtv to the mythtv
>group.  I su'd to mythtv and from the mythtv home
>directory I executed mythjobqueue.  My result was that
>my next post transcode rename and delete worked!  It
>transcoded and deleted the file, however none of the
>subsequent transcodes have behaved that way.  I;ve
>restarted mythjobqueue several times a the mythtv
>user.  Is there some way I can test rename() and
>unlink() without running a transcode to see if it
>works?  Any other suggestions?

Based on your response (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/167663#167663 -
specifically the part forcing uid/gid to 105--remember NFS is not Samba)
to my post (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/167637#167637 ) and
this post (specifically the part about creating a user/group mythtv with
id 105 on your PC--which happened after you assured me that you had
uid/gid set up properly), it sounds like you need to re-read the NFS
HOWTO ( http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO/index.html ).

Mike