[mythtv-users] LIRC with Myth and Mplayer = interference

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:36:28 EST 2005

On 12/18/05, Dr. C Mythology <drcphd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm wondering if it's possible to use MythTV's native LIRC support , and
> still be able to control mplayer without affecting MythTV:
>
>  Example:
>  (entry in my .lircrc file)
>  begin
>  prog = mythtv
>  button = Pause
>  config = P
>  end
>  When I launch mplayer and press 'Pause', it'll tell MythTV to 'Pause' as
> well. In this case it's not a problem, but let's take the Power button.
> Regardless of the program I'm currently running, a press of the Power button
> will affect MythTV (exit).

Thats not the way it is supposed to be encoded.  You need a section
for the pause button for each program,

Such as:

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Power
    config = Esc
end

begin
  prog = mplayer
  button = Power
  config = quit
end

When done correctly they do not interfere with each other.

>  So, how can I prevent this from happening?
>  Thanks for any help.
>
>  By the way, another question: is the idea behind the lircrc file to use
> only _one_? That is, not run irxevent with one lircrc file, mythtv with a
> second one, and mplayer with a third one. I can safely put every config in
> one file?

It has been my expierence that myth wants its lircrc in
the  ~./mythtv directory but all other programs expect it
in ~.lircrc

I just use a link from one to the other, and I have my entire
config in one file.  Only one place to make changes.
Mine handles myth, mplayer, and xmms.

And for the record (and for google)  here is my file.

# lircrc.example.HauppaugeGrey-nativelirc
# 2003-09-17, Robert Kulagowski
# mailto:rkulagow at rocketmail.com
# Save this file in ~/.mythtv/lircrc
#  jsa Hack Version 1

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Power
    config = Esc
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Go
# Steps Back to prior channel
    config = H
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 1
    config = 1
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 2
    config = 2
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 3
    config = 3
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 4
    config = 4
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 5
    config = 5
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 6
    config = 6
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 7
    config = 7
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 8
    config = 8
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 9
    config = 9
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Back/Exit
    config = Esc
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 0
    config = 0
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Menu
    config = M
end

# Below are keys used with the Hauppauge Grey remote

begin
   prog = mythtv
# This is the Red key
# We'll use it for "Closed Caption"
   button = Red
   config = T
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# This is the Green key
# We'll use it for "Information"
   button = Green
   config = I
end

# Note the "repeat =" strings in the volume and channel.
# This means that if you hold down the key, every nth instance will be
# passed.  This depends on your system, so you may want to increase or
# decrease this and see what happens.  repeat = 1 is probably too
# fast.

begin
  prog = mythtv
# This is the Yellow key
# Use it as a Vol down
  button = Yellow
  repeat = 3
  config = F10
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
# This is the Blue key
# Use it as a Volume Up
  button = Blue
  repeat = 3
  config = F11
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Vol-
# This is the "left" on the central diamond use for Left
    repeat = 3
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Vol+
# This is the "right" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Right
end

#
begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Ch+
# This is the "up" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Up
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Ch-
# This is the "down" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Down
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
# Middle button on the diamond
    button = Ok
    config = Return
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Mute
    config = |
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# Change The  settings video record
   button = Blank
   config = G
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# Toggle PiP on/off
   button = Full
   config = V
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Rew
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Play
    config = P
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = FFW
    config = Right
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = Record
  config = R
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# Teletext Closed Caption
   button = Stop
   config = T
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = pause
    config = P
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = Replay
# Use for backwards commercial skip
    config = Q
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = Skip
# Use for forward commercial skip
    config = Z
end

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ===== MPlayer Config
#       Note these are slave.txt keys, not keyboard equivelents
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

begin
prog = mplayer
button = Power