[mythtv-users] PVR-250 only records mono sound

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:37:50 EST 2005

On 18/12/05, Niels Dybdahl <Niels at dybdahl.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a PVR-250 that apparently only records mono sound, even though it
> does support (according to messages) the Nicam stereo system used here in
> Denmark.
> Where should I select which sound to record ? Is that via some option in
> modprobe.conf or via some setting in MythTV ?

First make sure that the audio cable is firmly seated in the socket on
the back of the card - I've had issues with my PVR-350 card that when
the audio cable gets moved, sometimes I end up with mono sound in
recordings. Watching LiveTV whilst twisting the cable normally
restores full stereo. (I'd also make sure the cable is carry a stereo
signal in the first place).

Nick